Only two miles west of the city limits, Livonia, Michigan is considered part of metro Detroit. The town was named Livonia after Livonia, New York because so many people had migrated from there. It was incorporated as a city in 1950. Information can be found here.
People in Livonia Love Parks
The city of Livonia, Michigan has 60 park sites covering 1,389 acres. This includes one archery range and three municipal 18-hole golf courses. See here for information about Clawson, Michigan.
At Six Mile Road and Hubbard Street, you will find Rotary Park. This park includes wooded areas and picnic areas. There are also tennis courts, a playground for the kids, and a full-size baseball field.
Located at 36000 W. Seven Mile Road, Bicentennial Park is a favorite among the locals. Residents report that the city does an excellent job keeping the park clean and well maintained. The park includes fitness areas, playgrounds, baseball fields, nature trails, and soccer fields.
John Stymelski Veteran’s Park
John Stymelski Veteran’s Park is located at 14407 Stark Road, next to the YMCA in Livonia. Residents this is a nice quiet park because no one knows it’s there. There are sand volleyball courts with 2 different net heights for kids and for grownups.