Lawrence Falzon, managing partner of Wigod & Falzon, P.C., is pleased to announce the firm’s expanded law practice to include employment law.
Employment law covers the rights and responsibilities of the employer-employee relationship. This includes wrongful termination and discrimination. Wigod & Falzon, P.C. now specializes in representing employees in these types of matters. Employment law is governed by federal and state statutes, administrative regulations and judicial decisions.
Some types of employment law include:
- At-Will Employment – An employment relationship where there is no contractual agreement and either the employee or employer may end the employment at any time for any reason or for no reason at all.
- Hostile Work Environment – A work environment in which there is harassment or inappropriate behavior wherein it interferes with the employees’ ability to do their job.
- Age Discrimination – This includes discriminatory treatment of employment based on the age of the employee.
- Back Pay – This represents the amount of money an employee would have earned if the employee was not fired or denied a promotion on an illegal basis.
Some of the common employee grievances that can result in a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) include:
- Sexual Harassment – Harassment occurs when inappropriate sexual behavior prevents the employee from doing their job.
- Wrongful Termination – An employee may not be fired as a result of retaliation due to making a complaint; nor can they be terminated due to other reasons such as gender and race.
If you are a victim of any of the above, call the attorneys at Wigod & Falzon, P.C. who will be happy to help you through your employment law issues. Our telephone number is 248-356-3300. The consultation is free.