Wondering what to look for in a personal injury lawyer? Finding the correct representation for a personal injury case can be tough, when there are so many options out there. In fact, there are currently over 62,000 personal injury law firms in the U.S.— an increase of over 4% from 2022.
It’s important to find the right lawyer for your case, as you need someone who understands your rights and can help you get the compensation you deserve. Plus, you need to hire a lawyer who works on a contingency fee basis, which means that they don’t get paid until you do.
Below, we highlight the typical responsibilities of a personal injury lawyer, and what to keep in mind when looking to hire one.
What Types Of Cases Do These Attorneys Typically Handle?
Typically, a qualified personal injury attorney should handle the following types of cases:
- Automobile accidents, including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents
- No-fault medical provider collection
- Social security disability
- Personal injury, including slip and fall accidents, dog bites, and assigned claims cases
- Wrongful death
- General civil litigation
- Veterans injury cases
Through all of these different cases, a skilled personal injury attorney should provide guidance, investigate claims, gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and more.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer?
Nothing! Unless they win your case.
Let’s not sugarcoat it; personal injury cases are expensive. It’s difficult for most people to come up with the money for lawyers, court fees, expert witness fees, and more.
Before signing any contracts or agreements, make sure you understand the costs of your case—and don’t be afraid to ask your attorney what each fee is for!
This is why our team works under a contingency fee agreement. This means that we require no money from a client to start a case. Instead, we take a percentage of the client’s final settlement or court award as their payment, and nothing if the client doesn’t win a settlement or jury verdict.
Simply put, no recovery = NO FEE.
Top Tips For Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer
There are several things to consider when looking for the right personal injury lawyer. Here are just a few tips:
- Make sure they have experience with cases like yours, and that they’re licensed to practice law in your state. Making sure your lawyer is experienced and qualified is vital.
- Get referrals from friends or family members, or look at online reviews. Asking around to get the opinions and experiences of others can help move your decision in the right direction.
- Be sure to contact several lawyers before making a decision. It’s good to hear from different lawyers to get a variety of opinions, tactics, and processes for your justice.
- Most importantly; ask questions. Finding the right lawyer to fight for you is a big deal. Don’t be afraid to ask questions! The right lawyer will be happy to help give you any information you need to get you through the process, and they should make you feel comfortable working with them.
Call Us—We’ll Get You Justice
Since 1997, our experienced personal injury attorneys work every day to protect victims of injury accidents and fight for their rightful benefits, settlements, and judgments in compensation for the injuries they have suffered.
Plus, we work on a contingency fee basis. This means the attorney fee and costs of handling the case will be paid with a percentage of the settlement or judgment the client receives from their personal injury case.
Simply put, no recovery = NO FEE.
Reach out to our expert legal team today for a free, no-commitment consultation.